Configuration of eduroam network connection in Microsoft Windows 10
To use the eduroam network, you need a computer / mobile device with a wireless network card that supports one of the standards: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n or 802.11ac and an operating system that supports the 802.1x standard supporting WPA2 authentication and AES encryption.
- Click on the network connection icon (usually located in the taskbar in the lower right corner next to the system clock)
- From the available list of networks select eduroam and then click "Connect"
- Enter username and password and then click "OK"
WARNING!!! The username and password are provided in accordance with the data from the eduroam login system:
- Employees in the format email@example.com
- Students in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- If no CA certificate is installed in the system, a message will be displayed asking if "Continue connecting". Click "Show Certificate Details"
- Compare the server fingerprint with the following string: 9F FA 5A 7A 3F B6 C0 D3 00 EF FD B6 A2 23 39 6B 84 F6 38 C9. If the characters match, we can make a secure connection by clicking the "Connect" button
If all the activities have been carried out correctly, we obtain a properly working connection to the eduroam network