Configuration of eduroam network connection in Microsoft Windows 7
To use the eduroam network, you need a computer / mobile device with a wireless network card that supports one of the standards: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n or 802.11ac and an operating system that supports the 802.1x standard supporting WPA2 authentication and AES encryption.
- Before proceeding with the configuration, upload the CA certificate installation manual
- From the Windows control panel, select "Network and Sharing Center"
- Click "Manage wireless networks"
- From the toolbar select "Add"
- Select "Manually create a network profile"
- Fill out the form with:
- Network name – eduroam
- Security type – WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type – AES
- Click "Change Connection Settings"
- In the "Security" tab in the "Select a network authentication method" box, select "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" and then click "Settings"
- In the next step (according to the view below):
- Select the "Verify server certificate" option
- Select the "Connect only to these servers" option and enter the server "eduroam.pcz.pl"
- In the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" field, select on the list "Czestochowa University of Technology MSK CzestMAN CA"
- Select the "Enable Quick Reconnection" option
- In the "Choose authentication method" field, select "Secure password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)" and then click the "Configure" button
- Uncheck the "Automatically use my login name and password (and domain if it exists) Windows" option and click "OK"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Advanced Settings"
- In the "802.1x Settings" tab, select "Specify Authentication Mode" and select "User Authentication" from the list and click "OK"
- Click "OK"
- Connect to the eduroam network and click on the balloon "Additional information is needed to connect to the eduroam network"
- Enter username and password and then click "OK"
WARNING!!! The username and password are provided in accordance with the data from the eduroam login system:
- Employees in the format email@example.com
- Students in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
If all the activities have been carried out correctly, we obtain a properly working connection to the eduroam network